As parents we assume that our children will be properly cared for while under the supervision of a school, its’ employees and staff. Rarely do we consider the premise of our children being injured in a school accident or school bus accident. While school buses statistically are a much safer form of transportation than passenger vehicles, accidents can be devastating when they occur. If your child has been injured in a school bus accident, it’s important to contact an Orange County injury attorney as soon as possible so that negligent parties can be held accountable and your child can receive the compensation he or she needs.
At The Cifarelli Law Firm, our Orange County auto accident lawyers represent children who are injured in school bus crashes and other types of accidents caused by negligence. From our law office in Irvine, we represent families in Orange County , Los Angeles, San Diego and all of California. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
School Bus Driver Negligence
Given the importance of whom school buses carry, school systems need to hire safe drivers and provide those drivers with proper training and supervision. Examples of school bus driver negligence include:
- Talking on cellphones, Facebooking or texting while driving
- Careless, distracted or reckless driving
- Failing to stop at railroad and train tracks
- Failing to extend stop arms while students are getting on or off the bus
- Failing to watch if students are clear from the bus before driving away
- Failing to secure preschool students in seat belts
- Failing to adhere to traffic laws
- Being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or prescription medications
If the accident was caused by a defect in bus maintenance or safety systems, our team of accident lawyers will work tirelessly to hold the negligent parties accountable.
Negligence Of Other Drivers
Whether the accident was caused by the negligence of the school bus driver or the driver of another vehicle, your child is entitled to benefits and financial compensation for their injuries, medical costs, pain and suffering. Examples of negligence by other drivers include:
- Passing a school bus while the stop arm is extended
- Failure to yield the right of way to school buses
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving (eating, texting, applying makeup, etc.)
Our personal injury lawyers will evaluate both the fault and the available insurance coverage to ensure maximum compensation for your child.
Contact An Orange County Accident Lawyer
For a free consultation about a school bus accident involving your child, contact The Cifarelli Law Firm. dial (949) 502-8600.
Se habla Espanol